Monday, January 28, 2019

I can explain my dreams




My dreams are totally wild, but often are built out of details of things that my mind filed away.


So last night, I had a dream that my old job at Big Ocean moved into this really fancy industrial loft that was a co-working space where they worked during the day, and I worked at night. But instead of being in New Bedford, it was on Chandler St. in Worcester. My old boss, Kevin and old co-worker, John had left.

It was after dark and I was alone when Kevin returned to the office in a dark suit and was totally plastered. He was throwing his hands up in the air and trying to get me to sing with him, and overall a happy drunk. He was slurring his words and then wanted to take his car to McDonalds, so I took his keys away. He was very intent on walking all the way to McDonalds down the street, walking in the middle of the street, and I didn't think he should go alone so I walked him to McDonalds so he could eat some food and sober up.

And at some point we were being followed by one of those old electric cars - the ones that are glorified golf carts.

The dream may seem pretty random, but actually, it was a pretty logical connection between things that I did or thought about yesterday, but didn't really give mental energy to. Here's the list of things that made the dream happen.

1. I was planning on going to Worcester today
2. There is a business on Chandler St that I need to go back too.
3. I moved my copy of Earthrise on the bookcase, so I was thinking of the Kevin who produced the movie and who had some sort of event I saw on Facebook last night.
4. I got drunk last night – sorta. I had a good stiff drink about 7:30 hoping it would help me sleep better. Instead I was drunk and awake until 11pm.
5. I started thinking about TEDx and remembered Kevin wore a dark suit to it, two years ago
6. There’s a McDonalds on Chandler (or is it on Main?) in Worcester where I once stood in the parking lot for 20 minutes while having a phone conversation. I have a good visual memory of the street at that location.
7. The location was near a house where my friend’s dad lives, so I’ve been in that neighborhood a lot. When I was there, she told me it wasn’t safe to sit there with the car running and the doors unlocked. I think she was bluffing but now I’m on heightened alert in that area, especially after dark when I'm alone.
8. I watched a TV show last night about this woman who had a loft bedroom, but a darkly painted house, like the loft in my dream. At one point in the TV show, I caught a glimpse of one of those electric cars that are basically just golf carts but with bubbles. Like this:



9. I need to write down the address of the co-working space in Worcester because I didn’t put it in my notes and didn’t want to forget.

So, now that you know my secrets, do my dreams still seem as much fun? I think so!

No comments: